Chrisman Mill Vineyards & Winery – Donation Request Policy
We believe in the spirit of giving and take that responsibility very seriously. We’re able to donate because of the loyalty of our great customers. We also celebrate family and community. We have been giving back to our communities for many years and we are proud of that tradition.
How the Donation Process Works
All donation requests should be mailed to our Winery Manager for processing and formal submission to the Vineyard & Winery donation committee. No phone calls please. This committee meets monthly to consider requests so all donation requests must be submitted 45 days prior for proper review and processing. The person making the request will be notified whether or not the request has been approved.
Donations will only be considered for non-profit organizations. Due to the large number of requests we receive, Chrisman Mill Vineyard & Winery has established the following guidelines for donation requests:
- All organizations must have a current 501(C)(3) status and include federal tax ID number.
- All letters must be on official organization letterhead. Computer generated flyers, e-mail and invitations are not formal letters and therefore are not considered proper request procedures for a donation, but may be attached to the donation form.
- The donation form must contain the date of the event, organization’s tax ID number, address and phone number, the contact person’s name, driver’s license number, email address, address and phone number, the type of fundraiser and in what capacity will the proceeds be utilized.
- Requests must be received at least forty-five (45) days prior to the event.
- We do not donate through a second or third party request. Donations are given directly to the benefiting organization.
- Only one request from an organization or school can be submitted each calendar year.
- Chrisman Mill Vineyards & Winery evaluates each request in the context of Chrisman Mill’s focus areas, business priorities, geographic relevance, available budget and eligible activities/restrictions.
- All incomplete request forms will be returned to the organization and will be re-scheduled for the next donation review meeting, which is typically once a month.
- Any donation from Chrisman Mill Vineyards & Winery is a one-time donation and the organization or charity receiving the donation should never place the donation amount in future budget development.
The following are not eligible for support:
- Reducing debts or past operating ventures
- Endowment funds
- Generic request that may have been sent to various organizations
- Medical expenses
- Benefits for individuals
Please note that Chrisman Mill Vineyards & Winery receives a significant volume of requests and is therefore unable to accommodate all of them, no matter how much we might wish to do so.
Regardless of the size of donation requested, the process begins with our Donation Request Form. This document is available by downloading the PDF form from the provided link; Donation Request Form.